Do You Qualify for an Independent Living Retirement Community?
I’m often asked by people researching independent living retirement communities whether they actually qualify for residency. It’s an excellent question so I’ve compiled my Top Ten List of Admission Requirements. It’s general in nature so be sure and check with your prospective independent living retirement community for any specific criteria they may have.
- Must be 55 years of age or older
- Ambulate independently or with the aid of a cane/walker without the reliance of a wheelchair
- Be able to manage independently all routine aspects of daily living including bathing, dressing,appropriate personal hygiene and medication management
- Must be able to function independently in a community setting
- Live harmoniously with neighbors and be respectful of staff
- Need to have good decision making skills pertaining to personal well being
- Must be able to oversee personal financial matters
- Must not have any health problems that would be harmful to other residents
- Must have the financial resources to cover the cost of living at the retirement community
You may have noticed I only managed nine so as soon as I think of a tenth I’ll add it to the list!
Cielo Azul Independent Living
Cielo Azul is a fine example of a planned independent living retirement community. Our mission is to meet the physical, social and psychological needs, and contribute to the health, security sense of purpose and happiness of each and every resident. If you need any further information about Cielo Azul please contact us.We’d be very happy to hear from you.